Providing your application data is voluntary. However, if you decline to submit requested candidate data, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited.
Columbus may collect data directly from you or from third parties, for example when doing a background check or requesting/receiving an employment reference or recruitment agencies.
Columbus will only contact third parties if you consent hereto. The information that Columbus will request from such third parties includes the fact that you are applying for a job, periods of former employment, position, working tasks, social and professional skills.
Legal basis for processing
Columbus may process your personal data based on the following legal basis according to GDPR Art. 6:
Purpose of the processing
Recipients of your personal data
Columbus may disclose or transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
Affiliates of Columbus;
Certain recipient’s process personal data on behalf of Columbus and may only process your personal data in accordance with the instructions given by Columbus. These third parties may not process your personal data for their own purposes.
Transfer of your personal data to a third country (outside of eu/eea)
Your personal data will not be transferred outside EU/EEA.
Storage of your personal data
Job application will be stored for 12 months unless you get a job with us or you give explicit permission that we can keep your details on our records for the communication of future suitable career opportunities.
Columbus has taken all necessary and adequate steps in order to protect your personal data and ensure your rights as a data subject.
You have certain rights, which are described below. Please note that certain exceptions may apply, e.g. if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If you have any questions to your rights as a data subject, please contact Columbus – please see the contact information below.
Right of access
Right to rectification
· You have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you, including completion of incomplete personal data.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
· Under certain circumstances, you have the right to erasure; meaning upon your request, Columbus must erase the personal data stored concerning you. Please note that the right to erasure is not absolute and thus certain conditions must apply.
Right to restriction
· In certain cases, you have the right to restrict Columbus's processing of personal data concerning you e.g. if the processing is unlawful and you request restriction of use of personal data instead of erasure or if Columbus no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing but the personal data is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of claims, for example, as documentation or evidence.
Right to data portability
· You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Where processing is based on a consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means format, you have the right to transmit this personal data to a third party without hindrance from Columbus.
The right to object
· Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object at any time to Columbus's processing of personal data concerning you.
Withdrawal of consent
· When processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Columbus at the address below. Please note that this does not affect Columbus's processing of your personal data prior to withdrawal of your consent.
Filing of complaint
If you wish to file a complaint regarding Columbus's processing of your personal data, you can contact Columbus. If your complaint is not resolved, please feel free to contact the Swedish Data Protection Agency.
Columbus Sweden AB
111 36 Stockholm
104 20 Stockholm
Phone: 08-657 61 00
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.